Deep culture in the Elementary School.



Deep culture in the Elementary School.

Children are the future and if we don't teach them, who is going to that for us?

Teaching deep culture in the elementary school would help to have a better future.

I remember studying discrimination last semester and I remember that one of the assignment was to do a experiment making feel the discrimination to other people. I was with my husband and other couple and talking about this, I remember that my husband said that children learn discrimination with their parents.

Now talking about culture, is important to know that discrimination can happens if we do not deep it.

I agree with teach deep culture in the elementary school. I agree that this need to be talked with kids, and not only with them but with our family to learn to respect all the cultures and not only think that one holiday during the years is to know about it.

I know that children maybe cannot understand very well all these things, but starting now, would be the best way to prevent discrimination and have a beautiful knowledge about cultures.
Also, they can learn super fast. So we need to teach them deeply. Does this would be easy? No. This would be a challenge but nothing is impossible.

Image result for Deep culture in the Elementary School.

Comentarios

  1. I love your blog about discrimination. My five year old is starting to notice different languages and skin colors. I have to keep reminding him not to point the finger or stare at the person. One day we were at IKEA and a Korean couple were sitting next to us. My son heard them talk and started mimicking them. I told him to stop immediately before they heard. I had to explain they are not making silly noises just talking a different language. These life lessons should be taught at home and before they go to school to avoid any problems with the students or parents. Great blog!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I agree with you. The parents are the first teachers. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. This lesson opened my mind to think in a few topics and I thought that discrimination to others cultures is one of those topic that we can teach deeply on our classroom.

      Eliminar
  2. Yes! It is up to the teachers to make sure diversity is accepted and welcomed. Teachers attitude towards it will influence their students greatly. Ignoring differences , pretending they are not there will only foster prejudice and discrimination. Teaching deep culture will help students understand their way is not the only way , that differences must be respected.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Attributional Tendencies